Tactical Thermal Imaging *LIVE FIRE*
Today’s modern fire ground places stringent demands on our firefighters. We are required to formulate our strategies and tactics at 15-20 times the speed as we did in the past due to the high heat release rate fuels in structure fires. These fires develop faster and are predominantly ventilation limited fires with heavy, turbulent, black smoke that reduces our visibility. Tactical Thermal Imaging enhances a firefighter’s decision-making skill set by providing thermal data. Course Details-This data allows firefighters to:
• Quickly locate the location & severity of the fire
• Locate tough hidden fires via thermal cues & clues
• Identify the flow path and the fires direction of travel
• Determine the most efficient access path & prevent rapid fire development
• Enhances stream placement by placing our streams where they are needed most.
• Enhances search efforts and rapid intervention efforts.
This program will be delivered in a classroom and live fire format over an 8-hour duration.